Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY - Panamera Door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 08:35 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
DIY - Panamera Door Panel Removal

I found this and it is a great info on how one can remove door panel on the Panamera. This vid shows details on what to watch out for, what to do.
If you find yourself wanting to replace any of the switches on the doors, get behind he panel, this vid shows it all.
Enjoy.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:55 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Good find, thanks ciaka

Old 05-06-2019, 08:58 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
it takes about 10 minutes to take the pane off first time. After that, maybe 5 minutes including assembly of tools.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:04 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ciaka
If you find yourself wanting to replace any of the switches on the doors, get behind he panel, this vid shows it all.
to replace door switch there is no need to remove the panel:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-issues-2.html

Old 05-09-2019, 09:53 PM
My thread addresses replacing the door master switch, which is the whole assembly that holds individual window switches, mirror switches, etc.

And as you, I thought you dont have to remove master assembly, if you have broken chrome trim. I myself posted about a year ago about changing button itself.
Even posted video of swapping switch button itself.
What I found is that even if you order replacement button with chrome from dealer, it does not fit just perfect, and switch becomes loose, falling out especially when you want to close window (switch itself detaches).
So after buying 3 separate sets of switches from various places including dealer, They kept coming out.
Then I just bought master switch for 40 bucks, removed panel for a swap, and everything is as brand new.

You can experiment on your own skin. You will come to same conclusion. Even the person whose thread was quoted, updated saying switches kept falling out so he ended up replacing master switch. So go nuts. I recommend doing this once for perfect fix. Your $ and th ime. Good luck.

Originally Posted by negb
to replace door switch there is no need to remove the panel:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-issues-2.html

Old 05-13-2019, 08:18 AM
Why you so angry ??
Read my posts on that thread ! I'm just sharing how I did and it worked out PERFECTLY!!!
Read carefully, maybe twice, because I have feeling that you missed out essential point.

P.S> GOOD LUCK with removing whole door panel when there is no need.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:28 AM
if this 'angry' directed to my post, not at all. not angry. I am stating simple fact that others have also noticed on this and other forums. If the switch chrome gets damaged, or the plastic switch itself damaged in any way, if you wan to replace it, yes, you can easily pop out the switch itself without removing the whole assembly.
HOWEVER, be forewarned, as soon as you pop out the switch, the plastic mechanism inside the assembly will be damaged by having plastic in it stretched out. Fact.
When you pop in a newly purchased switch (button), you further risk stretching the plastic in the assembly (the hinge mechanisms inside master assembly that retain the switch or button).
So over time, the now stretched plastic will result in the button popping out.
How do I know? Not only from my experience, but from experience of several others who have done this 'quick fix'.
Yes, popping out switch is easy. Takes seconds. Yes, plastic is affected in master assembly. Yes, most folks ended up replacing whole assembly.
The whole panel takes maybe 3 minutes and is super easy to remove (3 bolts and pop out trim cover). Never seen a car door panel be designed to be removed this easy.
I do not think I missed anything, and fear that you misinterpreted my comment as some attack on your expertise.
For others who are in this situation, here is your choice to make:

Replace switch (button itself):
- Cost of button istelf about $25-$30
- Chances of fix at best 50%
- Time to fix about 1 minute (after you figure out how to do this without damaging the rest of part)

Replace master assembly with all switches:
- Cost of assembly is about $35
- Chance of fix 100%
- Time to fix about 5 minutes

So you make the choice, your money and time.
Lets set up a 'I feel whiny this Monday' for negb, maybe it will help him feel better today.

Why you so angry ??
Read my posts on that thread ! I'm just sharing how I did and it worked out PERFECTLY!!!
Read carefully, maybe twice, because I have feeling that you missed out essential point.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:02 AM
ohh man.... why you writing the same saga second time ?? why you making mess between switch and button...
7PP959858AEDML - Power Window Switch
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...pp959858aedml/

I gave you advice to read the quoted thread properly, then you would have, at least, idea why some switches cost 35$ and some triple price
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4592019

so go and set up 'I feel whiny this Monday' for yourself
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4657549

everyone is free to choose or unscrew bolts for whole panel removal or just remove speaker grill with pick

Old 05-13-2019, 05:28 PM
Knowledge is power. Knowing what PN to order, what place to order from, can make difference between $250 and $35 for identical part. How do I know? Took 2 apart and even board IDs match on pcbs.
I spent way too much time on this tiny thread. Those who want to do things right, can figure out themselves, or if they choose, follow advice of others.
Sounds like you figured yours out, so congrats. Maybe I should send you some whine....lol (just kidding here).

Guess which one is oem. That is why they say - knowledge is half the battle.

ohh man.... why you writing the same saga second time ?? why you making mess between switch and button...
7PP959858AEDML - Power Window Switch
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...pp959858aedml/

I gave you advice to read the quoted thread properly, then you would have, at least, idea why some switches cost 35$ and some triple price
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4592019

so go and set up 'I feel whiny this Monday' for yourself
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4657549

everyone is free to choose or unscrew bolts for whole panel removal or just remove speaker grill with pick

Last edited by ciaka; 05-13-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:14 AM
man ohh man, seems you are very stubborn and reading only your own posts )))) seriously.... that's why you spend too much time on things which has been invented !

Those who want to do things right, can figure out themselves, or if they choose, follow advice of others.
Sounds like you figured yours out, so congrats. Maybe I should send you some whine....lol (just kidding here).
I didn't figured anything on this case, wine should be send to verdugo135 :

Originally Posted by verdugo135
May be taboo, but have you guys noticed the chinese have replicated this part, possibly due to the crappy oem quality (always breaking). My first panamera came with a broken switch. I picked up a chinese aftermarket one on ebay for like $40. I attempted to remove the door panel per a youtube video, but after following all the instructions, I couldn't get the door panel to pop off. I ended up removing the speaker grill by the switch, removing the speaker, reaching in and pushing the switch up.Side by side oem and chinese look identical and the replacement works perfect. Just picked up a V6 panamera with the same issue (pass side window as well). Bought the same replacement, this time on amazon. $40 for driver, $10 for pass.
Knowledge is power. Knowing what PN to order, what place to order from, can make difference between $250 and $35 for identical part. How do I know?
Took 2 apart and even board IDs match on pcbs. Guess which one is oem. That is why they say - knowledge is half the battle.
haaahaaa, EXACTLY !!! if you would use at least your eyes you could see one letter difference in p/n 7PP959858AFDML vs 7PP959858AEDML and 9 vs 10 buttons on the switch
I thought you know how to open photo by clicking on provided link ?? ok, third attempt... of course esctuning is not the place to buy parts but even there you didn't notice the difference on the picture
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1&d=1482504689

Old 01-13-2024, 04:55 AM
VipaMan1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing switch panel on panamera 971

Why you so angry ??

Where is the video for replacing switch panel on panamera 971? the process appears to be different than just yanking it out on a 970. Does anyone on the face of the earth have a video if them replacing the switch panel on a panamera 971?