Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just changed HPFP and Fuel Pressure Sensor and now this...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 06:49 AM
Mazurda is an unknown quantity at this point
Just changed HPFP and Fuel Pressure Sensor and now this...

Put gas in for maybe 2nd or 3rd time since changing pump and sensor, and got a check fuel cap light today. Turned off car, loosened cap and re-tightened. Drove about 5 miles and same light came back along with check engine. Are the caps faulty and need to be updated? I recall having a radiator cap issue with an older 987 Boxster S I had and it fixed the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks guys.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:36 AM
NormalFellow will become famous soon enough
Hey Mazurda! Glad you got those two things knocked out.... Now nothiing to panic about, as there is either a ventilation leak for the gas tank, or faulty plastic valve, bad seal on gas cap, and/or cracked plastic line or bad o-ring somehwere in the drivers side rear seat side of the tank. This is "the" problem that caused everything else to go bad.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by NormalFellow
Hey Mazurda! Glad you got those two things knocked out.... Now nothiing to panic about, as there is either a ventilation leak for the gas tank, or faulty plastic valve, bad seal on gas cap, and/or cracked plastic line or bad o-ring somehwere in the drivers side rear seat side of the tank. This is "the" problem that caused everything else to go bad.
I believe I got code P0445 large evap leak. Any particular place to start first such as gas cap?

Old 12-18-2019, 12:20 PM
1st off, after the install of everything... How did the car drive? Did it feel like its at 100% HP? Car still drove normal? Theres no smell of gas anywhere either? That code usually leads to a leak in thesystem somewhere.. for panameras, most commonly found at the gas fill coupler to the tank and the plastic one way valve, and gas cap. I can definitely help you. keep posting here..

Old 12-18-2019, 12:38 PM
1st off, after the install of everything... How did the car drive? Did it feel like its at 100% HP? Car still drove normal? Theres no smell of gas anywhere either? That code usually leads to a leak in thesystem somewhere.. for panameras, most commonly found at the gas fill coupler to the tank and the plastic one way valve, and gas cap. I can definitely help you. keep posting here..
Car was back to normal after the installation. Feels 100% HP no hesitation. No gas smell, just get alot of exhaust becuase of catless DPs and res delete, but I would assume that is normal. Grabbing fuel cap first, will check for any smell of gas under hood. Where is the plastic one way valve located?

Old 12-18-2019, 12:54 PM
So in the link i sent you, that the tank ventallation valve... It sits to the left of the throttle body and you'll see a rubber thing sitting right there..... This line, at both ends, check disconnect and evaluate the o-ring seal on both ends... Also to note, before you pull it off, check to see if it was already loose... might just be not fully seated into the locking mechanism... https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/158354...SABEgIdnPD_BwE

Old 12-18-2019, 12:56 PM
one of the ends is sitting where the passenger side shock tower is.... spray silicone lube in the connection area, press and pull out the connector. The other end goes right on the bottom of the intake manifold right under the throttle body. check the o-rings there....

Old 12-18-2019, 12:59 PM
Also check to see if the plastic nylon portion of the hose is cracked anywhere..... it is common to find cracks here... if you do find one, let me know, i do have a cheap solution for you if thats the case... clean out the line with brake cleaner as im sure there is a lot of oil residue in there.

Old 12-18-2019, 03:19 PM
Also check to see if the plastic nylon portion of the hose is cracked anywhere..... it is common to find cracks here... if you do find one, let me know, i do have a cheap solution for you if thats the case... clean out the line with brake cleaner as im sure there is a lot of oil residue in there.
Awesome man thanks, will do all the above Friday morning and keep you posted

Old 12-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Doing the new oil separator and upper torque mount Friday plus the CRC TB treatment, look into the hose then

Old 12-21-2019, 07:39 AM
So in the link i sent you, that the tank ventallation valve... It sits to the left of the throttle body and you'll see a rubber thing sitting right there..... This line, at both ends, check disconnect and evaluate the o-ring seal on both ends... Also to note, before you pull it off, check to see if it was already loose... might just be not fully seated into the locking mechanism... https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/158354...SABEgIdnPD_BwE
Looks like bad gas cap seal, upper torque mount looked good until removed, smaller end was spinning freely in the mount, steady RPM needle now as well after replacing oil separator ....still need to do the valve cleaning, any different since I have IPD plenum?

Old 12-23-2019, 03:04 PM
With the ipd plenum, remove one of the sides of the boost hose connecting to it, preferably the passenger side one... However, make sure you spray past that MAF sensor. thatll make a huge difference for ya and i bet you you will be beyond happy afterwards... lol

Old 12-23-2019, 03:09 PM
So basically the length of the spray tip , where the can will not go any further, and follow process?

Old 12-27-2019, 11:56 AM
yup!!