Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob Programming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 08:22 AM
donfenn is infamous around these parts
Key Fob Programming

I have 2017 Panamera.. I have keyless remote entry feature... One of my key fobs got destroyed and I was going to buy a used fob online, but dealer says that used remote key fob cannot be reprogrammed andI need to order new one from Germany... I call b.s. on that and assume that a locksmith can reprogram a used key fob to match my vehicle... Just wanted to confirm if this is true with others who may have gone through similar issue

Old 12-24-2019, 08:27 AM
riden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura aboutriden has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by donfenn
I have 2017 Panamera.. I have keyless remote entry feature... One of my key fobs got destroyed and I was going to buy a used fob online, but dealer says that used remote key fob cannot be reprogrammed andI need to order new one from Germany... I call b.s. on that and assume that a locksmith can reprogram a used key fob to match my vehicle... Just wanted to confirm if this is true with others who may have gone through similar issue
I read on a forum that once the key is programmed to a car it cannot be used on another vehicle. Check with a few other dealers to confirm.

Old 12-31-2019, 01:45 PM
stealthn is infamous around these parts
They are correct, you need a blank and the dealer has to program it, no way around this.

Old 01-02-2020, 12:05 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stealthn
They are correct, you need a blank and the dealer has to program it, no way around this.
You must buy the key from Porsche dealer and reprogram all the keys for your safety. I posted this article last year. Please search this in this forum.
Don't think independent locksmith is cheap they are even more expensive than Porsche dealer. LOL ... They don't have the equipment to program the key.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:17 AM
MatthiasSchmeier is infamous around these parts
Yes, if you are concerned about your security then never go with locksmith experts in such issues and visit Porche dealer for your safety.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-11-2021 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Remove advertising link
Old 01-09-2021, 10:08 AM
EdwardClark is infamous around these parts
Yes, that's a good idea. I think a locksmith can help you reprogram it. But first, consult a locksmith.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:31 AM
stealthn is infamous around these parts
I repeat what I said, it has to be done at the dealer as it is coded to your car with PIWIS

Old 01-21-2021, 07:42 PM
Gambler is infamous around these parts
Agree. Must done at the dealer to my knowledge it will cost you around $600, including the fob part.

Old 10-02-2021, 12:50 PM
raciohurg is infamous around these parts
Buying a new key would cost you dearly. I don't think it's the best solution. A secure locksmith could help you reprogram your key. I say so sure because yes, I was in that situation. I had a crazy day when I lost my key. I was pretty panicked, but I quickly came up with the idea to use a locksmith in the grapevine. The best idea. He immediately told me that it was possible to solve the problem. We met with him, and he soon rescheduled me a new key. By the way, everything is at a very affordable price.

Last edited by raciohurg; 10-03-2021 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-02-2021, 03:27 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Don't waste your effort with Locksmith, you must go to Porsche dealer and bring 2nd key with you. 2018, it was $400+ including 15% discount.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:47 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
You either chose to not get OMs or forgot to enable.
I'm in TX and wand another key.. was wondering about cost and process, and how it works now. PM me or reply to this. Tx for help.

Originally Posted by raciohurg
Buying a new key would cost you dearly. I don't think it's the best solution. A secure locksmith could help you reprogram your key. I say so sure because yes, I was in that situation. I had a crazy day when I lost my key. I was pretty panicked, but I quickly came up with the idea to use a locksmith in the grapevine. The best idea. He immediately told me that it was possible to solve the problem. We met with him, and he soon rescheduled me a new key. By the way, everything is at a very affordable price.

Old 10-28-2021, 01:48 AM
I called 3 locksmith companies in the bay area, SF/SJ and they quoted me a ridiculous price for 2nd key fob. price of porsche fob including a laser cut key was around $235 @ Porsche, the dealer ordered the key per your VIN , $125 for programming all the keys. the total cost is around $400. I get a loaner car for a day.