Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does this happen? Headlight washer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 06:38 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
How does this happen? Headlight washer

So went to fill up the car today, looked at the passenger headlight, and was pleasantly surprised by an extra hole. Hmmmm, extra hole is always good, right?

Now, I wonder, how does that happen, and what do I need to buy to fix it. Hope someone did not steal, as I ostly don't park the car anywhere public when I take it out.
Thanks for advice.

Old 12-08-2020, 09:27 PM
murci930 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ciaka
So went to fill up the car today, looked at the passenger headlight, and was pleasantly surprised by an extra hole. Hmmmm, extra hole is always good, right?

Now, I wonder, how does that happen, and what do I need to buy to fix it. Hope someone did not steal, as I ostly don't park the car anywhere public when I take it out.
Thanks for advice.

Very strange... You sure it didn't just fall in the bumper? Hard to believe that the washer popped off having a hose connected to it.

Old 12-08-2020, 11:53 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Oh I am sure. The whe wash nozzle appears missing, I can stare into the cavity it is supposed to be in.
Now gotta figure out what to buy, how much it will cost, and how long it will take to repair.
kinda pissed. Its bugging me every time I look at the car.

Old 12-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Gambler is infamous around these parts
I think its an easy fix. Hopefully this what you need.
https://parts.byersporsche.com/p/Por...762826300.html

Old 12-09-2020, 10:11 AM
DogWood is infamous around these partsDogWood is infamous around these parts
time to pull that front bumper again

Old 12-09-2020, 05:50 PM
I think this is close, but not exactly. Have to look into FSM and try find this part in black. The number is for different year, and when looked for my year, found chrome. I need in black. I would have though this just simply plugs into the hole, and no need to remove bumper. Bumper would have to go off for the spray pump, etc, hoses. Have to research more and if anyone did this before, greatly appreciate chiming in.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:49 PM
murci930 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ciaka
Oh I am sure. The whe wash nozzle appears missing, I can stare into the cavity it is supposed to be in.
Now gotta figure out what to buy, how much it will cost, and how long it will take to repair.
kinda pissed. Its bugging me every time I look at the car.
Hopefully the line itself isn't damaged and you can replace easily. I hate when little stuff like this happens, drives me nuts as well. My rear tow hook cover fell off randomly last week. Not a huge deal, but ordering from a place that would paint it prior to shipping, and having to stare at it for the next few weeks is going to drive me up a wall.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:03 PM
mrwilliamsburg is infamous around these parts
Had the same thing happen to me a few years back. The part of the nozzle that pops up when you hit the spray button just flew right up into the air! I circled back around to retrieve the missing piece from the side of the road, hoping I could reinsert it. No dice. Once the nozzle breaks off, the only way to repair is to remove the front bumper and replace the whole washer assembly. It's not expensive or particularly difficult, just took a long time. I went ahead and installed some homemade screens on the grill openings while I had the bumper off, as well as replaced the engine air filter. Frankly, I should have never bothered. I never even use the headlight washers anyhow (they seem completely useless to me) and the air filter was shockingly clean at 60K miles. I just didn't want to look at a hole in the bumper.