Cobb AP.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Cobb AP.....

....don't know who to buy it from. I would like a vendor that will tweak it for me if I buy other bolt-on's and/or simply want some changes on the tune... i.e. smoother throttle, etc.... you get the point.

What say the experts? Direct from Cobb? Others???

Thank you.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:14 PM
White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !White991TT Is a GOD !
Old 01-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Cheers Nigel!
Hi Michael, I'd be glad to help you out and can get you on my year end special and I can help with tuning and hardware. Feel free to text email or call me anytime!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 01-03-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Who changed the title of my thread? Geez no wonder..... forget it..

Thanks for the replies so far even tho you didn't really know my topic.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
What is it that you need help with Michael?

Old 01-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
What is it that you need help with Michael?
I guess my question can be summed up by asking is there any difference buying from you, direct from Cobb or say vivid? Am I getting the same product and it's just a price play? However, I have seen and read on other threads vendors that "tweak" the tune to a customers preference. To that end, are the "tweaks" from Cobb or tuners developed/assisted?

Hope this makes sense.. thanks for your help.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor
Makes total sense. The AP retails for 2300 and it's the same unit you get from anyone. Comes with OTS or off-the-shelf maps. There are also dealers who are pro tuners and can adjusted for you and your different levels of hardware upgrades. Custom to your vehicle. I'm proud to be the largest and also have great collaboration with cob. Together we have put together some pretty great stages and packages. As for pricing there are some units left from the holiday sale! Should be able to get you sorted from A-Z and I will keep my reputation by supporting you the best.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:42 PM
jalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant futurejalnsx9434 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Michael_s
I guess my question can be summed up by asking is there any difference buying from you, direct from Cobb or say vivid? Am I getting the same product and it's just a price play? However, I have seen and read on other threads vendors that "tweak" the tune to a customers preference. To that end, are the "tweaks" from Cobb or tuners developed/assisted?

Hope this makes sense.. thanks for your help.
I can answer your question because I went for price not relationship. I spoke with Sam and then several other dealers and wound up buying from the cheapest due to thinking I would save a bit of money. There are others cheaper than Sam but none that will hold your hand and help anyway he can. All will help but Sam is just the go to and if you want to start tuning as I have lately you need to start your relationship with him and no better way than ordering the a/p from him. He has been nothing but helpful to me even though I did not buy from him but will on any part I need in the future. He works with Cobb from my findings daily and he is a go to for so many tuning questions and he is so accessable anytime which to me is worth whatever dollars you save going elsewhere.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Thanks Sambo and jalnsx. Picture must clearer now.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:13 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
I bought mine direct from Mitch at Cobb and he's had great support.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Former Vendor
... Thanks guys. And you'll still get a deal. If someone was dipping lower than they should have it was likely not by much. But there's definitely a lot more to it. From customer service to custom tuning two packages. One reason I get along with Cobb so well is that they view customer service the same way I do

Old 01-04-2016, 05:08 AM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
I'd only buy from Sam! This is a no-brainer!

Old 01-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor
Mitch and the entire team at Cobb are outstanding. They have been great to work with and we have been working closely for some time now with some great results. I've learned everything I know in a very short time from him. Thanks Mitch, John and team!