991 PSE Install - Definitive list of Parts and Prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:33 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
991 PSE Install - Definitive list of Parts and Prices

So, I just had the PSE installed this week at Porsche of Rockville and wanted to let everyone know the parts and prices I paid in case someone is thinking of doing the same. I know there have been threads on this, but in my research, I've never found a definitive list of parts and prices -- located in a single thread -- required to add PSE to a S/4S.

The total cost (labor and parts) to do this was $2114. When you build your 991, Porsche charges $2950. So, those interested in saving $800, add this option afterwards.

Attached is a breakdown of the minimum parts needed to do the install.

Also, thank you to those that helped me identify these parts. I "stole" info from a lot of other threads to figure out the minimum that I needed to do this.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	4002
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	400986  
Old 09-05-2014, 09:37 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Thanks for posting this!

One question -- in the parts list I see vacuum hoses. But the S version of the 911 already has the vacuum lines. So are different lines required when changing the front muffler? I know my 4S has the lines -- I just had car in to fix a line that came loose and left the valve flap open (I do NOT have PSE, just S exhaust).

Just curious. Your post is very helpful!

Old 09-05-2014, 09:53 AM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jawells1
Thanks for posting this! One question -- in the parts list I see vacuum hoses. But the S version of the 911 already has the vacuum lines. So are different lines required when changing the front muffler? I know my 4S has the lines -- I just had car in to fix a line that came loose and left the valve flap open (I do NOT have PSE, just S exhaust). Just curious. Your post is very helpful!
Vacuum lines are already in place, but they are not long enough to connect to the new front muffler. The ones listed are and extension line and some sort of splitter (I think). Here's are a couple pics of the parts needed. Note, you don't need the 2 Straps leaning against the backsplash. They can reuse the ones on the existing exhaust.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-41156619.jpg
Views:	3162
Size:	565.7 KB
ID:	400987   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2526843485.jpg
Views:	2883
Size:	527.2 KB
ID:	400989  
Old 09-05-2014, 10:01 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 911cv
Vacuum lines are already in place, but they are not long enough to connect to the new front muffler. The ones listed are and extension line and some sort of splitter (I think). Here's are a couple pics of the parts needed. Note, you don't need the 2 Straps leaning against the backsplash. They can reuse the ones on the existing exhaust.
Ah, that makes sense! Thanks again! As someone who doesn't currently have PSE option on my 4S, I am constantly considering either upgrading to PSE option or going aftermarket like AWE.

One more question (sorry!): The new center console switch assy -- did they replace the entire unit in your car, or just add one of the buttons to the "blank" position in your existing switch pack and reprogram?

PS: interested in selling the extra buttons???

Old 09-05-2014, 10:52 AM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Ah, that makes sense! Thanks again! As someone who doesn't currently have PSE option on my 4S, I am constantly considering either upgrading to PSE option or going aftermarket like AWE.

One more question (sorry!): The new center console switch assy -- did they replace the entire unit in your car, or just add one of the buttons to the "blank" position in your existing switch pack and reprogram?

My research indicates that the entire switch assembly must be replaced, it is not just a button add on.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
My research indicates that the entire switch assembly must be replaced, it is not just a button add on.
Sorry I wasn't clear -- I did not ask about the switch buttons because I want the PSE switch only. I am actually interested in the other buttons for a separate project. You can buy a switch button "repair kit" from the dealer that is the unit plus replacement buttons and LEDs and this includes I think all buttons. I merely want to replace some blanks.

Thanks tho.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:28 PM
-

They replaced the entire switch assembly. The picture I posted shows the switch assembly and all of the parts that comes with it. I could probably pick up the old assembly and the buttons (didn't even consider that!). PM what you think they're worth

Old 09-05-2014, 01:07 PM
-

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
To be honest, I believe the parts are the same. If they are and if you could procure a blank button, you wouldn't need the switch assembly.

That said, I spoke to the installer today and he said that when he originally installed the PSE button it was the auto start/stop (gas saver) button that actuated the PSE and not the PSE button itself. That is the reason he had to install the PSE button below the auto start/stop (gas saver) button...in the 3rd position on the right. If you have PSE from the factory, the button is installed on the second position on the right.

Last edited by 911cv; 09-05-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:38 PM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Thank you for posting this. I'm doing the research about getting PSE installed so this is a huge help. Since I have a 3.4 I believe I need more parts, however. My 10% PCA discount at the dealer will help!

Old 09-05-2014, 03:41 PM
medacus will become famous soon enough
I'm in northern VA as well. Porsche tysons quoted me something over 5k to get it done for my 3.4 PDK. I knew that the 3.4 was more but not that much more.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Bbader is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by medacus
I'm in northern VA as well. Porsche tysons quoted me something over 5k to get it done for my 3.4 PDK. I knew that the 3.4 was more but not that much more.
FYI - I paid $4,450 including labor and tax lays week to install PSE on a 3.4.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:53 PM
medacus will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the info, that makes more sense. I figured for a 3.4 it would be 3k for the parts and 8 hrs labor. How are you liking it btw? A world of difference?

Old 09-05-2014, 07:49 PM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Porsche Tysons quoted me something over $5,000 to get it done for my 3.4 PDK. I knew that the 3.4 was more but not that much more.
Originally Posted by Bbader
FYI - I paid $4,450 including labor and tax lays week to install PSE on a 3.4.
I was quoted $6,000 up here in Toronto for a PSE on my 3.4 PDK.

OP, I'm really surprised you got it all done for $2114. It's odd that an after purchase OEM add on would cost LESS than what it costs to tick it as an option during the factory build ($2,950).

Even Suncoast charges $3,000 just for the parts no labour.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/me...Code=SKU991PSE

Old 09-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Bbader is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info, that makes more sense. I figured for a 3.4 it would be 3k for the parts and 8 hrs labor. How are you liking it btw? A world of difference?
That's right. I paid approx $3K for parts. Rest was labor and tax. Love the results. Expensive but ..... I just was not going to be happy without it.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:09 PM
DrK
DrK is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. PM sent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 PSE Install - Definitive list of Parts and Prices