996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:38 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silvershark
Tom, I have a PC680 as well. Only thing is I may take a overnight trip
and not be able to use a maintainer. And if I am going to carry jumper
cables...it defeats the purpose. I will however use it on track days for
the additional 11lbs savings. + I wanted to spare the chance of embarrasement
asking someone for a jump for my Porsche.
Well you are right about that!! I carry a jumper pack with me at all times!!
I plug an ac adapter into it at night and plug my maintainer into that!!

PITA but everytime the car is out it is a track weekend so I dont mind!!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
DEANWYSOCKI is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, this is great info, anyone think of stripping down the entire interior of their 996tt like a cup car ? any photos of such ? weight savings ?

get rid of all carpeting, stereo components, dash, whatever... ??..

Old 04-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
I figured out the most cost effective way to lighten the fully loaded vehicle weight. I'm going on a diet to lose 20 lbs.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:40 AM
rwm514 will become famous soon enoughrwm514 will become famous soon enough
I just installed GT3 seats and removed my rears. Lost approx 80 lbs. New weight with your added weight for fuel is 3192. Gettin pretty light!

Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 AM
kayman is on a distinguished road
Can I use this thread as an excuse with my gf to ride alone??

Old 04-27-2007, 10:30 AM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
my car weighed in at 3350 on the track scale.

removed back seats
rear wiper delete
sport seats
tubi exhaust
removed spare tire and rest of junk from trunk
quarter tank of gas.

Last edited by drewTT; 04-27-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:34 AM
SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kayman
Yes! As an added bonus, the beating that will ensue will probably help you lose some weight too.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:58 AM
rwm514 will become famous soon enoughrwm514 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kayman
I accomplished this with adding the GT3 seats and the specific instructions of how to get in and out without damaging them

Also she is scared with how fast the car is getting

Old 04-27-2007, 05:17 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
updated......

Old 07-29-2007, 05:48 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
I got this from Porsche Racing Club Finland's scale yesterday:

1415kg = 3120lbs

The car: European-spec '01 with over half tank gas. Not much factory options. Mods that affect: GT3 seats, Techart Type I bodykit, Techart exhaust, Tequipment roll bar, no rear seats, no rear wiper, suspension (H&R/Bilstein), GT2 front brakes

Spare, tools and mats etc. were on the car. Stock solid wheels too with Toyo R888 semi-slicks.

The weight above might be easier to believe if I tell that modded 997TT's etc. can not go past with more power (I have the car in the 550hp range with Techart modifications).

Old 07-29-2007, 10:10 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kaizu
I got this from Porsche Racing Club Finland's scale yesterday:

1415kg = 3120lbs

The car: European-spec '01 with over half tank gas. Not much factory options. Mods that affect: GT3 seats, Techart Type I bodykit, Techart exhaust, Tequipment roll bar, no rear seats, no rear wiper, suspension (H&R/Bilstein), GT2 front brakes

Spare, tools and mats etc. were on the car. Stock solid wheels too with Toyo R888 semi-slicks.

The weight above might be easier to believe if I tell that modded 997TT's etc. can not go past with more power (I have the car in the 550hp range with Techart modifications).
That's hard to beleive at 3120.

Stock Weight 3475

- 70 lbs seats
+ 35 lbs roll bar
- 30 lbs Techart rear wing
- 10 lbs rear seats/wiper delete
- 30 lbs gas
- 20 lbs (??) GT2 front brakes
- 30 lbs (??) Techart Exhaust

= 3320 lbs

I would check another scale for reference

What's the difference in Euro Spec turbos and US Spec turbos, I doubt it's 200 lbs worth though. Not hating at all, just looking for clarification. I'll post it to the list.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:33 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Dez, you put PCCBs on the front?

Old 07-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Dez, you put PCCBs on the front?
No, they cost too much to buy and too much to change rotors for a rack goer. There are several options that cost less to buy and maintain and work just as good, but I dont have those either.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
That's hard to beleive at 3120.

I would check another scale for reference
I know. Something might be strange... I will check with another scale when I get the chance. We weighted only a couple of cars (not other 996TTs though), the other numbers were believable.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
IM at 3150 lbs - interior all gone except roof lining. GT3 seats. no fron nor rear bumpers nor bumper supports. techart fron spoiler, side skirts, Gembella rear wing, small battery, Rear Wheel Drive.
HOWEVER, I have huge GT35r turbos and wastegates, very heavy axles, big intercoolers, but lighter exhaust.
hope this helps to put things into perspective

markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List