996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:56 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
I was in the scales in englishtown raceway and the new number is from.the corner balance. I know my roll bar is heavy but the Tial turbos can't be much more then k24s, im going to throw the car on the 3rd scale and see what happens, she is fast though

Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blockhed
she is fast though
Talk is cheap...

Old 11-11-2011, 07:09 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blockhed
something doesn't make sense, why is my car so damn heavy. Mike if you were 3140 thats a 140lb difference hmm 4.5" intercoolers, 30r's and roll bar do not equal to 140 lbs.
Hmmm, stereo what's that?
Blockhed your the one has to go on a diet

Old 11-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
Lol 15lbs wont make a difference

Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I have found that the track scales that I've used have been quite inaccurate by over 50 lbs. Been so long I can't remember in which direction though. Every track may differ though.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I am going to try to shoot over on another corner balance scale in a different shop and see what theirs says and go from there. i know my roll bar is probably 60 lbs. Hmm will need rotors soon, thinking about CF parts in the rear.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:44 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
is there a diy somewhere on removing interior panels? I tried searching but haven't found much. I'd like to shed a little more weight

Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
well I ended up gently pulling at everything and removed ALL interior behind the B pillars. NOT including the back seats or floor mats (already removed) it came to about 55 lbs. I have a pair of 15.4 lb carbon fiber seats going in as well as a 17 lb battery and a new stereo idea. I am putting in a das sport roll bar and harnesses though so it's not ALL reduced weight. After I finish up these current projects I'll try to get it on a scale to see where I stand.

question...does anyone know where I can find a picture of the gt3 delete (lower center console) removed without the expensive carpeted trim piece? I want to pull that console out but I'm curious how it'll look without the trim piece.

Last edited by randomquickness; 12-06-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:28 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by randomquickness
well I ended up gently pulling at everything and removed ALL interior behind the B pillars. NOT including the back seats or floor mats (already removed) it came to about 55 lbs. I have a pair of 15.4 lb carbon fiber seats going in as well as a 17 lb battery and a new stereo idea. I am putting in a das sport roll bar and harnesses though so it's not ALL reduced weight. After I finish up these current projects I'll try to get it on a scale to see where I stand.

question...does anyone know where I can find a picture of the gt3 delete (lower center console) removed without the expensive carpeted trim piece? I want to pull that console out but I'm curious how it'll look without the trim piece.
awesome work! any advice for anyone that intends to do this later on? i.e any pieces that were especially difficult to remove?

for the record, i dont plan on doing this, but someone that searches this thread later may very well be interested, and it looks as though you did a very thorough job! nicely done!

Old 12-07-2011, 07:07 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Very good job Ramdonquikness,it seems like you didn't think much about it to do it right.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Lol thanks for the comments. For the most part, all panels will pop out if you gently pry them. There are torx screws holding the sub box in place behind the plastic bose trim pieces around the air ports. The less obvious screws are holding the side panels and you can access them from the plastic ring around the seat belt on the B pillar. Hope that helps! I just took my time so as not to break anything!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:03 PM
in case anyone wanted to know, the lower center console weighs 4 lbs including the cd trey and storage bin

sadly, it's ugly under there...I'm gonna have to order the gt3 console delete piece but $150 for that little cosmetic trim! OUCH! lol

Old 12-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Nice work randomquickness...thanks for documenting the rear interior weight. If the rear seats are indeed 22 pounds then you have accomplished 77 pounds of interior weight loss from your efforts so far. Could you further quantify and submit that 55 pound reduction to the author of this thread so that it could be listed out in the first post? Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:44 PM
as in shoot him a pm? I also posted a separate thread for my battery diy which shed another ~30 lbs. I honestly don't know what my total weight is down to yet but after I finish my cf seats and roll bar install I'll document more...stay tuned!

Old 12-25-2011, 05:25 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I kept a spreadsheet of all my weight loss mods (posted on this thread too). I did most of the same mods and was down to 250lbs and did NOT gut my interior...so my guess is you are way over 300lbs down now...pretty cool...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List