996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thanks Protomotive!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:58 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Thanks Protomotive!

I drove down to Harrison, AR this past weekend to pick-up my GT2. I didn't realize it was going to end up being nearly a 2000 mile round trip, but in the end, it was definitely worth the drive. I have worked with lots of different tuners and shops over the years and I can say without doubt that Todd and Cynthia are the nicest, most responsive and knowledgeable people I have ever worked with in this business! The car was delivered exactly how I asked, and performed flawlessly on our spirited test drive along AR43…by the way what a great mountain road! I now know why I don’t like being a passenger I am so glad I didn’t just have it shipped back….or I wouldn’t have experienced the warm greeting I received at the Compton One, or the unique off-road access road to their ranch. For anyone who is considering shipping their car back from Protomotive, I highly recommend you take the time to visit Todd and Cynthia in person. Not only will you visit a beautiful part of the country, but only then will you be able to appreciate how the Knighton’s really operate.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:04 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
This is a very cool compliment, especially coming from Jamie who is
VERY WELL KNOWN in the Supra World with his recently sold 9 second Supra,
etc. Jamie, I gotta hand it to ya: You purchase a GT2 sight unseen, ship it
to Protomotive for a tune-up and the first time you see it, it is complete--
Perfect. Show us pics of your "new ride" when you get a chance.

Marty K.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Protomotve Rocks!

Old 01-31-2007, 01:08 PM
MikeR will become famous soon enough
I agree with Marty. Very nice compliments to Todd and Cynthia. Please post some pics of the car.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Congratulations, Jamie. I'm glad to hear you were able to meet Todd and Cynthia face-to-face, and I hope you enjoy your car in good health.

P.S. - So when are you getting that new exhaust?

Old 01-31-2007, 01:16 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Jaimie....

Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Ha Scott, soon! I think Todd is ordering some material this week! I would have liked to save some money somewhere....but I should have known better!

I'll get some good pics up this weekend. I dropped it off this morning to get tinted, corner balance is scheduled for tomorrow, then I'll give it a full detail Saturday.

If anyone is planning on heading down to TX 3/15 for the national Supra meet, it'll be down there during for dyno competition, 60-130 event, and Friday night highway rolls. We'll be sure to get some good video!

Last edited by OhioGT2; 01-31-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
I drove down to Harrison, AR this past weekend to pick-up my GT2. I didn't realize it was going to end up being nearly a 2000 mile round trip, but in the end, it was definitely worth the drive. I have worked with lots of different tuners and shops over the years and I can say without doubt that Todd and Cynthia are the nicest, most responsive and knowledgeable people I have ever worked with in this business! The car was delivered exactly how I asked, and performed flawlessly on our spirited test drive along AR43…by the way what a great mountain road! I now know why I don’t like being a passenger I am so glad I didn’t just have it shipped back….or I wouldn’t have experienced the warm greeting I received at the Compton One, or the unique off-road access road to their ranch. For anyone who is considering shipping their car back from Protomotive, I highly recommend you take the time to visit Todd and Cynthia in person. Not only will you visit a beautiful part of the country, but only then will you be able to appreciate how the Knighton’s really operate.
This is the exact same experiance I had. Todd and Cynthia are two wonderful people who know what is like to be a customer and not just business owners. The Protomotive experiance is hard to beat!!! And the performance of the cars is even better.

Thanks to Todd and Cynthia

Old 01-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
This is a very cool compliment, especially coming from Jamie who is
VERY WELL KNOWN in the Supra World with his recently sold 9 second Supra,
etc. Jamie, I gotta hand it to ya: You purchase a GT2 sight unseen, ship it
to Protomotive for a tune-up and the first time you see it, it is complete--
Perfect. Show us pics of your "new ride" when you get a chance.

Marty K.
Yea, I was really spoiled. This was much more fun (and more organized) than a factory pick-up I did awhile back

Old 01-31-2007, 01:48 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
OK, anyone else going to Protomotive, call or PM me ahead of time, and I'll meet you up there and buy you a meal. It'll give me an excuse to make the short drive up there to see their place!

Old 01-31-2007, 01:55 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
congrats and what did you get done

jag

Old 01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
JAmie,

You hit it on the nail... Todd and Cynthia are truly amazing people...
did u eat the burger at the gas station
Congrats,
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-31-2007, 02:08 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Nice! congrats on the new addition...

Although my car is not going to be worked on by Todd at his shop I spent some time on the phone with him going over my upgrades. Needless to say Todd was very profesional and extremely helpful. My car is going to a affiliate shop in NJ (Protosport) and I feel very comfortable knowing they have Protomotive helping to support their needs.

Last edited by str8blst; 02-01-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:18 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Congrats I have met them both and they are AWESOME! What were the final dyno results? Nothing beats a cross country trip to break in the new car!

Old 01-31-2007, 02:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Congrats Jamie! Sounds like it all turned out great. Have fun and be safe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thanks Protomotive!