997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 vs 997.1 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:16 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hroussard
More and more gizmo's and Nanny stuff will just make the car a glorified video game complete with comfy sofa to sit in. No doubt, that is appealing to lots of buyers. I am thinking that the RAW fun of driving a car that clearly is challenging (bucking bronco comes to mind) and requires finesse, practice and dedication is what makes us - the Porsche fanatics - different from all the others. Also, for the road, it will always be a trade-off between handling, capability, speeding tickets, cohones and safety.....
Yep. The heart and soul of a car's handling are still the weight, spring rates, and tires. You could add all the electronic band-aid you want, it still won't turn a Turbo into a world champion race car (if that's what you want to do). Despite of 997.2 impressive sounding suspension improvement, the springs are still relatively soft and therefore a 997.1 Turbo with Bilstein has much less body roll and feel more precise and responsive.

Not to say that electronic aid doesn't work (PSM -Porsche Stability Management works very well for example), it does, but also has limitations and sometimes its advantage is questionable.

In the 991, the issue of most "concern" to me would be the electric power steering, versus hydraulic as in current Porsche. Steering feel is critical to Porsche and I am waiting to see the verdict on that one.

Last edited by cannga; 10-25-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Thats digging deep man whats your story? How can Can be trolling on his own thread? I hear what you are saying about the 997.2 being a better car than.1 was out of the box but there is more here than what meets the eye.
LOL +1 to this...
Who is this Pete01 anyway? .... the new comedian on the block!
The conversation was interesting up until the start of “Petie's” pissing contest, and personal remarks. The lack of intelligence and excessive arrogance, leaves me with the impression of a spotted face, red headed kid, who's playstation was taken away... and now his got too much time on his hands.

Much respect to Canaga - your posts helped me a tremendous amount selecting my suspension components, which was the first thing I upgraded on my TT. Thumbs up bro! Good thread and great intel.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga
Paul my friend thanks for sparing me the ignominy, of being both a dork AND a troll in my own thread.

I hope I was clear enough: yes the 2010 *is* better than 2009 in nearly all apsects, EXCEPT for the engine. The point is that the improvement is not nearly significant enough to justify the engine sacrifice. The Mezger engine most likely will remain the "best" and most robust engine ever put in a Turbo.
I understand DFI engine could have problem with oil deposit on intake valves - I wonder if the new Turbo engine will have this issue down the line.
hehe no worries Can. As much as i too have had my moments here at the 6 I would never call you that, least of all on your own thread. Petey01 had a few valid points but took things a little too far imho and, without provocation i note.

On the cars, in so far as which is better any contest could be seen as pretty even or, won by either series depending upon user preference and requirement. The .1 evidently has the better/stronger engine on all accounts to date. If there was never going to be the intention to mod the car then the .2tt would rightfully wear the crown due to it's improved chassis PTV etc etc. But many that buy these cars particularly on the used market do mod them, especially over your way (US) so in those circumstances the .1 is the better car. And if model differentiation aesthetics are a problem then a change of the rear bar and lights will cure that problem as thats basically the main difference externally between .1 and 2.
Just my 2 cents...or should i say .05 of a cent....given it's a US cent and how it's value is so volatile

Originally Posted by pureporsche
LOL +1 to this...
Who is this Pete01 anyway? .... the new comedian on the block!
The conversation was interesting up until the start of “Petie's” pissing contest, and personal remarks. The lack of intelligence and excessive arrogance, leaves me with the impression of a spotted face, red headed kid, who's playstation was taken away... and now his got too much time on his hands.

Much respect to Canaga - your posts helped me a tremendous amount selecting my suspension components, which was the first thing I upgraded on my TT. Thumbs up bro! Good thread and great intel.
Agree Can does deserve better than being called out as some kind of pennyless dork, and then passing it off as just kidding is taking it a bit far really. I mean surely Petey doesn't think we are all that naive? I surely hope not...

Last edited by speed21; 10-26-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:35 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
You forgot to mention one very important thing Can - choose a 997.1 Turbo with a MANUAL gearbox! The tip is wayy to laggy and is rudely shown up by the PDK gearbox.

In terms of what's best IMHO - relative marks out of 10:

997.1 tip (stock) = 5/10
997.1 manual (stock) = 7/10
997.1 manual with upgraded suspension = 8/10
997.1 manual with upgraded suspension+engine = 9/10

997.2 PDK (stock) = 8.5/10
997.2 manual (stock) = 8/10

997.2 S PDK (stock) = 9/10

Other than me having a bit more torque and a little sharper handling there really isn't much between my car and a Turbo S to drive.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:22 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
You forgot to mention one very important thing Can - choose a 997.1 Turbo with a MANUAL gearbox! The tip is wayy to laggy and is rudely shown up by the PDK gearbox.

In terms of what's best IMHO - relative marks out of 10:

997.1 tip (stock) = 5/10
997.1 manual (stock) = 7/10
997.1 manual with upgraded suspension = 8/10
997.1 manual with upgraded suspension+engine = 9/10

997.2 PDK (stock) = 8.5/10
997.2 manual (stock) = 8/10

997.2 S PDK (stock) = 9/10

Other than me having a bit more torque and a little sharper handling there really isn't much between my car and a Turbo S to drive.
Agree on the manual .1tt. vs tip, not discounting that the tip is quicker to the 100. But then again I also note you rated the .2tt pdk as higher than the manual? Is your rating based on performance numbers because Id've thought the manual .2tt would also be the more valued long term possession due to the enjoyment factor (even though not as quick to the 100) and being more resilient to power upgrades therefore better property over the long term. Same would also apply with the .2TTS, that is if there was a manual option....one gripe frequently expressed resulting in some buying the .2tt manual over the .2tts and then optioning it up etc.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Alex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Agree on the manual .1tt. vs tip, not discounting that the tip is quicker to the 100. But then again I also note you rated the .2tt pdk as higher than the manual? Is your rating based on performance numbers because Id've thought the manual .2tt would also be the more valued long term possession due to the enjoyment factor (even though not as quick to the 100) and being more resilient to power upgrades therefore better property over the long term. Same would also apply with the .2TTS, that is if there was a manual option....one gripe frequently expressed resulting in some buying the .2tt manual over the .2tts and then optioning it up etc.
My ratings are primarily on the driving experience, not performance numbers - and I have driven all of these cars (many times) on both track and road, back to back.

I personally found the 997.2 PDK more fun than the manual what with launch control and the ability to use the turbos in first gear (unlike the manual where you just hit the rev limiter all the time).

Other factors such as engine strength only come into play if you are going to modify the engine. I am sure the 997.2 engine is perfectly good long term if you don't modify it. It may even be fine long-term if you DO mod it - but that is still a bit of an unknown entity, unlike the Mezger engine.

Also resale on the 997.2 Turbo with a manual box is going to be tougher than for the PDK version.

So I agree 100% with Can's first post (other than the omission of the manual requirement). You can get a manual fully loaded 997.1 Turbo for half the price of a 997.2 Turbo S and then add suspension + engine mods for around $10k to make it just as good. This is an absolute bargain and most certainly a car you will want to keep long term.

BTW - 0-anyspeed is a real-world nonsense these days. It's completely unrepresentative of a cars actual performance. Much better to compare performance on a rolling basis (eg. 100-200kph).

Old 10-26-2011, 05:00 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Alex_997TT
My ratings are primarily on the driving experience, not performance numbers - and I have driven all of these cars (many times) on both track and road, back to back.

I personally found the 997.2 PDK more fun than the manual what with launch control and the ability to use the turbos in first gear (unlike the manual where you just hit the rev limiter all the time).

Other factors such as engine strength only come into play if you are going to modify the engine. I am sure the 997.2 engine is perfectly good long term if you don't modify it. It may even be fine long-term if you DO mod it - but that is still a bit of an unknown entity, unlike the Mezger engine.

Also resale on the 997.2 Turbo with a manual box is going to be tougher than for the PDK version.

So I agree 100% with Can's first post (other than the omission of the manual requirement). You can get a manual fully loaded 997.1 Turbo for half the price of a 997.2 Turbo S and then add suspension + engine mods for around $10k to make it just as good. This is an absolute bargain and most certainly a car you will want to keep long term.

BTW - 0-anyspeed is a real-world nonsense these days. It's completely unrepresentative of a cars actual performance. Much better to compare performance on a rolling basis (eg. 100-200kph).
Aha. Can't say i had the same experience with the pdk car (even though it is very trick under heavy throttle) but each to his own there. Sure I found it fast but far too clinical to keep me interested as a long term drive over a 3 or 4 year period, particularly as a dd....but again each to his own on that. Track can get down to more than just laying down the fastest lap time (imo). Probably a different story if you were racing or competing though...but then again there are better cars for that than a tt. Agree a second hand .1tt is more affordable to the general masses in the used car market place than a .2tt.....but then money is always more of an issue in that environment....few could argue that and keep a straight face. However, If money wasn't an issue on any front, then a new .2tt would most likely be the order of the day except if ones intention was to further mod the car to a particular HP/liking and the .2tt posed limitations there.....which as we know has occurred for some. In so far as 0 to 100 times and the likes i agree these figures are basically good for bar talk and as marketing points but outside of that on a day to day basis are pretty meaningless given many runs happen while you are moving. So yes it gets down to in gear acceleration in most real world situations, and a tuned turbo has plenty of that....as i think you would know.

On the resale of the .2tt pdk being better than a .2tt manual id've honestly thought it would've been the other way around completely i.e. the manual always being the far more attractive and saleable proposition to the general masses of used turbo buyers.....as is the case with the .1. It's not uncommon to see a tip bring 20 to 30k less than an equivalent manual car over here so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the same happen to the pdk car a couple of years on when the values of that car lower and become more attractive to the wider used market. And fwiw where money is concerned i personally couldn't justify the change over $ from my .1tt to a .2tt given it's age and low mileage. And while I'm not a penniless dork (like my poor ole mate cannga has been unfairly recently fingered as being sorry can....you know I'm JK) i can find better use for 150K+ to top up the change over rather than hose it on a car which really isn't that much different than what i have now (we are talking Aussies stupid car prices here i.e. 450k for a new tt). Now, maybe if i was a CEO of a bank on say 10 to 20 mil$ per annum then it would be a different story. So on that note yes money does have a deciding factor to a varying degree depending upon individual financial situations and, then you have individual tuning/mod requirements and so on. So, weighing it all up i would agree with Can that the .1tt is arguably the best turbo made (to date) and a bargain to boot in comparison to the .2.....not counting the GT2 and GT2 rs of course .

Last edited by speed21; 10-26-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:52 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
And while I'm not a penniless dork (like my poor ole mate cannga has been unfairly recently fingered as being sorry can....you know I'm JK)
He he, yes I know you're kidding.

Paul, not really a fun topic, but I am always **amazed/shocked** by how much people pay for the Turbo in Australia. The equivalent of $300,000 plus in US dollars, or something like that right?
For sure there is *no* penniless dork Turbo owner down under. Dork mebbe, penniless, never!

Old 10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Paul & Alex, all good points.
I do agree that if you are into an automatic transmission type (nothing wrong with this, strictly personal preference), the 997.2 PDK is better.
However, there is a caveat, as has been mentioned: if you like an automatic transmission, **AND** if you want to mod the engine "to kill," then 997.1 Automatic is by far the better choice.

Personally I will very likely remain forever a manual-transmission die-hard, and my only warning is that if anyone here has never had an automatic type Porsche before and is now thinking about PDK, think twice about getting PDK and make sure you have many test drives. It could be a costly mistake and some people (not all) *have* complained about the lack of involvement.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mile-list.html
60 -130 mph (96.5-209.2 kph):

3.96 - KPG / RWD / 0-shifts
4.06 - Powell / RWD / 1-shift
4.14 - Keithta / 997TT AWD / 1-shift
4.25 - dk996tt / 997TT AWD / 1-shift (stock internals)
4.25 - art4iza / RWD / 0-shifts
4.43 - edelectra / 997TT AWD / 1-shift (stock internals)
4.48 - Emre@Esmotor / 997TT AWD TIP
4.62 - Markski / RWD / 2-shifts
4.67 - Divexxtreme / RWD 996TT / 2-shifts
4.81 - Joetwint / RWD / 2-shifts
4.85 - topgun / AWD / 2-shifts
4.89 - Powell / AWD / 1-shift (stock internals)
4.95 - Divexxtreme / GT2 / 2-shifts
4.97 - Besiktas / 997TT AWD TIP (stock internals)
5.18 - Chris Green / RWD / 1-shift (stock internals)
5.43 - 997John / 997 GT2 / 1-shift
5.44 - gtovan / 997 GT2 / 1-shift (stock internals)
5.50 - KerCar / 997TT TIP (stock internals)
5.54 - uaeturbo / 997TT AWD TIP
5.54 - MBailey / RWD / 0-shifts (stock internals)
5.55 - AtomicZ / GT2 / 1-shift (stock internals)
5.64 - EVOMS / RWD / 2-shifts
5.73 - bmoores / RWD / 1-shift (stock internals)
5.74 - Palette / AWD / 1-shift (stock internals)
5.75 - evoviiiyou / 997TT AWD / 1-shift (stock internals)
5.79 - Dr Jitsu / GT2 / 1-shift (stock internals)
5.86 - GT-TT / Sportec 997TT AWD / 1-shift
5.93 - OhioGT2 / GT2 / 1-shift (stock internals)
5.99 - ttboost / RWD / 1-shift (stock internals)
6.04 - Vividracing / 997TT AWD / 2-shifts
6.13 - 996ttalot / AWD TIP
6.15 - DMK / RWD / 0-shifts
6.26 - Chinitowest / AWD / 1-shift
6.32 - Skandalis447 / AWD / 1-shift
6.33 - VividRacingTX / RWD TIP
6.37 - Onelove / RWD / 1-shift
6.38 - Milou / 997TT AWD TIP
6.45 - RenntechV12 / GT2 / 0-shifts
6.47 - AlphaDog28 / AWD / 0-shifts
6.48 - Skandalis447 / 997TT AWD TIP
6.48 - Madsex323 / AWD / 1-shift
6.55 - Acicchelli / 997TT AWD TIP
6.60 - Adam Bowles / AWD / 1-shift
6.67 - Madsex323 / 997TT AWD / 2-shifts
6.69 - Shotcaller / 997TT AWD / 1-shift
6.75 - 997John / 997TT AWD TIP
6.90 - Woodtster / AWD / 2-shifts
6.94 - TTdude / 997TT AWD / 0-shifts
6.99 - Eclou / 997TT AWD / 1-shift
7.01 - Seal Grey Matte / AWD / 1-shift
7.06 - Zuluracerx / AWD / 2-shifts
7.24 - k-ddsl / AWD / 997.2TT PDK

Last edited by cannga; 10-26-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cannga
He he, yes I know you're kidding.

Paul, not really a fun topic, but I am always **amazed/shocked** by how much people pay for the Turbo in Australia. The equivalent of $300,000 plus in US dollars, or something like that right?
For sure there is *no* penniless dork Turbo owner down under. Dork mebbe, penniless, never!
hehe. Yeh there's little doubt we sure do cop one hell of a beating on the new and used car prices down here, but no point me winging. Hah 300k i wish! Try 450K for a new tts and @ 430K for .2tt new (that's Aussie $ Can so USD would be a bit more...sorry). I can only imagine what the $ increase will be on the upcoming 991 turbo. And then there's the unavoidable nanny factor down here and nanny is always lurking close by to take the shine off things if your not super careful and, super lucky.

Edit: Heres a little snippet on used .1tt prices here at the moment: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...8BCCC&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294963765 4294963707&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&seot=1&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode matchany

So Can it appears @200K should buy you a reasonable used 2007 car here. Or, you can always buy a newy for 450K and then take a bath for @ 250K 3 to 4 years on and start again with another newy. It's fun, you Americans should try it . It will really put a smile on your dial.

Last edited by speed21; 10-27-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Banned
troy38 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sorry petey has gone-I wish he'd come back!I bought my 997 gen 2 turbo this year and I've never looked back,man!When I read the Car and Driver comparo,Vette ZR1 v 997 gen2 turbo,April 2010,and the Porsche won,I was mighty impressed!They said,"for 2010,the Porsche turbo has simply got a whole lot better".I knew it was time to get that gen 2 Porsche!And I don't think it will be my last.Not when the 991 turbo comes out,mooted,already to be capable of 7m20's on the Ring,on this forum.What a car that is going to be!Re cannga and 20 inch rims-yeh,when one gets that big on wheel diameter,one might think in terms of the law of diminishing returns,but,Porsche would not fit a bigger rim for "style",if it didn't enhance performance too.I understand that the 991 had been designed from the outset for 20 inch rims on the higher performance versions.And don't all cars tighten their line when when subject to a throttle lift??Even a Bilstein equipped car will do it.Even my sedan,when I switch of the cruise control,it tightens its line on the freeway.Not excessively,but just about every car known to man does that,doesn't it?!It is well known that 997 turbos suffer from this excessively and feel twitchy,that's why I got excited when the gen 2 came out,much improved in every way.When you look at lap times of GT2 Porsches against regular turbos of the following generation,the new one is always more than a match.I mean,just compare 993 GT2 with 996 turbo,then 996GT2 with 997 turbo.Yep,the new one is equal or better;that is progress,man!We can be sure the 991 turbo will have the measure of the 997 GT2 and maybe even get real close to the Gt2 RS.Yeh,man,petey knows what he is talking about!He must be an interesting guy.Now,I'm just a neutral party,like to read rather than post,but sometimes it's time to chime in,man....Lastly,yep,the 997 gen 2 turbo is the one to get,over the gen 1,in case anyone was wondering.The engine,IMO,is better-lighter,lower c of g,bigger bore,bigger capacity,better matched turbo installation giving much wider power band-freer revving at the top and yet with more bottom end than ever before,smoother,better economy.That new engine is the future and I reckon it's ultimate power capability will be very high....Lastly,if the gen 1 turbo is better,overall,than the gen 2,I want to hear from those gen 2 owners who have traded in and upgraded to gen 1.Has any owner done that yet?Hey man,you could end up with $20,000 in the bank plus a better car....

Old 10-27-2011, 05:06 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by troy38
I'm sorry petey has gone-I wish he'd come back!I bought my 997 gen 2 turbo this year and I've never looked back,man!When I read the Car and Driver comparo,Vette ZR1 v 997 gen2 turbo,April 2010,and the Porsche won,I was mighty impressed!They said,"for 2010,the Porsche turbo has simply got a whole lot better".I knew it was time to get that gen 2 Porsche!And I don't think it will be my last.Not when the 991 turbo comes out,mooted,already to be capable of 7m20's on the Ring,on this forum.What a car that is going to be!Re cannga and 20 inch rims-yeh,when one gets that big on wheel diameter,one might think in terms of the law of diminishing returns,but,Porsche would not fit a bigger rim for "style",if it didn't enhance performance too.I understand that the 991 had been designed from the outset for 20 inch rims on the higher performance versions.And don't all cars tighten their line when when subject to a throttle lift??Even a Bilstein equipped car will do it.Even my sedan,when I switch of the cruise control,it tightens its line on the freeway.Not excessively,but just about every car known to man does that,doesn't it?!It is well known that 997 turbos suffer from this excessively and feel twitchy,that's why I got excited when the gen 2 came out,much improved in every way.When you look at lap times of GT2 Porsches against regular turbos of the following generation,the new one is always more than a match.I mean,just compare 993 GT2 with 996 turbo,then 996GT2 with 997 turbo.Yep,the new one is equal or better;that is progress,man!We can be sure the 991 turbo will have the measure of the 997 GT2 and maybe even get real close to the Gt2 RS.Yeh,man,petey knows what he is talking about!He must be an interesting guy.Now,I'm just a neutral party,like to read rather than post,but sometimes it's time to chime in,man....Lastly,yep,the 997 gen 2 turbo is the one to get,over the gen 1,in case anyone was wondering.The engine,IMO,is better-lighter,lower c of g,bigger bore,bigger capacity,better matched turbo installation giving much wider power band-freer revving at the top and yet with more bottom end than ever before,smoother,better economy.That new engine is the future and I reckon it's ultimate power capability will be very high....Lastly,if the gen 1 turbo is better,overall,than the gen 2,I want to hear from those gen 2 owners who have traded in and upgraded to gen 1.Has any owner done that yet?Hey man,you could end up with $20,000 in the bank plus a better car....
Hey man! Great first post! So let me take a guess here. Are you talking mini champs, matchbox or, are you just slapping the dolphin. Hmmm...how bout some car pics please.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
Hmmm troy38 no paragraphs with no spaces after the punctuation posting style...where have we seen that before?

Oh yeah petey01! Nice try...

Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
hey, anyone know what motor is in the new 4.0 edition GT3's?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:58 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
hehe. Yeh there's little doubt we sure do cop one hell of a beating on the new and used car prices down here, but no point me winging. Hah 300k i wish! Try 450K for a new tts and @ 430K for .2tt new (that's Aussie $ Can so USD would be a bit more...sorry). I can only imagine what the $ increase will be on the upcoming 991 turbo. And then there's the unavoidable nanny factor down here and nanny is always lurking close by to take the shine off things if your not super careful and, super lucky.

Edit: Heres a little snippet on used .1tt prices here at the moment: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?trecs=66&tsrc=allcarhome&__Ntk=CarAll &Cr=1&__Ntt=turbo&R=11466131&__Qpb=1&__D=turbo&sil o=1011&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_ Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0 &keywords=turbo&__No=30&__sid=13047008BCCC&__N=121 6 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294963765 4294963707&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&seot=1&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode matchany

So Can it appears @200K should buy you a reasonable used 2007 car here. Or, you can always buy a newy for 450K and then take a bath for @ 250K 3 to 4 years on and start again with another newy. It's fun, you Americans should try it . It will really put a smile on your dial.

wow Paul, seriously, that is insane.... why such a high markup? Is it all taxes? Anyways, you of all really show your love, not sure I would buy a Pcar for that price

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 vs 997.1 Turbo