997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT MK.1 PCM 3 conversion DONE :)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PAULG
some small change insite the a/c control must be done and works ok.this is solved.
solved? by Aisxos? why can't you simple follow his way? sorry but I think you just missed something.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Serg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond reputeSerg124 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TYE
What small change must specifically be done ?
a/c compressor on gen1 actuates with single wire from a/c unit thru relay. on gen2 compressor is straight connected. so you need to change wiring accordingly your situation - e.g. omit relay or add another one - any good electrician can solve this.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:44 AM
PAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nice
Originally Posted by Serg124
solved? by Aisxos? why can't you simple follow his way? sorry but I think you just missed something.
Aisxos solve this with his mekanicker bur he had 2009 a/c controls ,I have 2010 and are difrent that's why is not the same way they told me.
Can you tell me your opinion about this? Or can you help me?

Old 12-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by a_Y
The PCM units won't be the much of a problem but what kind of wires, harnesses, plugs, sockets, etc... I am sure a lot of us are quite lost and can't follow..

Serg, if possible, more detailed explanations of how to solve the issues pointed out by other members will be greatly appreciated.
understand me right - this is quite simple job for skilled, so if you lost in three wires - better find electrician. because this work mean that worker should have good electric skills.

I know only one issue not covered here by me yet - a/c unit wiring. I will clear this issue in next month - I have 2007 997g1 turbo in work now.

Last edited by Serg124; 12-24-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by PAULG
Aisxos solve this with his mekanicker bur he had 2009 a/c controls ,I have 2010 and are difrent that's why is not the same way they told me.
Can you tell me your opinion about this? Or can you help me?
I've told you my opinion long ago:
a/c compressor on gen1 actuates with single wire from a/c unit thru relay. on gen2 compressor is straight connected. so you need to change wiring accordingly your situation - e.g. omit relay or add another one - any good electrician can solve this.
and I can't help you in this because we are MUCH faraway.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:54 AM
PAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nice
If I can not find the solution until next month we will wait your news from the 997.1 that you have.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:13 PM
997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold997tt+C63 is a splendid one to behold
You will need

PCM 3 unit
ISO to Quadlock Convertor Connector
2009> Bose Amplifier
2009> Bose amplifier Connector/plug
2009> Climate Control
2009> Spoiler/Sport/Traction Button Panel

This is what you will basically need, please add to list

Old 12-24-2013, 06:49 PM
a_Y
a_Y has a spectacular aura abouta_Y has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 997tt+C63
You will need PCM 3 unit ISO to Quadlock Convertor Connector 2009> Bose Amplifier 2009> Bose amplifier Connector/plug 2009> Climate Control 2009> Spoiler/Sport/Traction Button Panel This is what you will basically need, please add to list
Thanks!! This is what I am referring to! Please kindly add to the list if there is anything else needed. How about the 2009> gateway?

Old 12-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by 997tt+C63
You will need

PCM 3 unit
ISO to Quadlock Convertor Connector
2009> Bose Amplifier
2009> Bose amplifier Connector/plug
2009> Climate Control
2009> Spoiler/Sport/Traction Button Panel

This is what you will basically need, please add to list
))) if car not Bose? in anyway 2009> Bose amplifier Connector/plug not needed

and converter plug - big chance that you will not be able to plug car optic in it and even if - there's no place behind PCM to place it, so you will have big problems with fitting PCM in place.
so - forget this idea, use plug with pins.

Originally Posted by a_Y
How about the 2009> gateway?
not needed. sure you don't read all topic.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:55 AM
a_Y
))) if car not Bose? in anyway 2009> Bose amplifier Connector/plug not needed and converter plug - big chance that you will not be able to plug car optic in it and even if - there's no place behind PCM to place it, so you will have big problems with fitting PCM in place. so - forget this idea, use plug with pins. not needed. sure you don't read all topic.
I know you said you got the ISO to quad lock converter at an audi dealership. Do you have a part number for that?

Old 12-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by a_Y
I know you said you got the ISO to quad lock converter at an audi dealership. Do you have a part number for that?
where did I said so? I bought plug and pins, not converter. read page 4 of this topic again please.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 PM
a_Y
Paul! still can't answer in private...

quadlock is the name of stecker.
where to find - I've wrote yet that I bought mine in AUDI dealership.

of course connections schould be altered in accordance to wiring schematics, to amplifier too, despite the connector for amp stays the same.
where did I said so? I bought plug and pins, not converter. read page 4 of this topic again please.
I mean the quadlock. You mentioned you got it from an Audi dealership. Any part numbers for this? Or is this a very trivial part that I can easily get anywhere?

Old 01-14-2014, 02:50 PM
TYE
TYE will become famous soon enough
any updates on this?

Old 02-05-2014, 10:54 AM
nop. sorry. I will post as soon as.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:40 PM
iandiman is on a distinguished road
Here is a english translation, PCM3 and the GATEWAY

Thank you very much master Serg124 for your help ...

UPDATE and thanks to SIR PAULG.....

NOTE: 001
In the models 997.1 you don't need to change the gateway.
You change the gateway on old Cayenne models only.

UPDATE and thanks to SIR Aisxos

NOTE: 002
you dont need a PCM 3.0 with all options..
You just need a PCM with 6-disk dvd option the other option you can be enabled later with serg's codes... whether the PCM have option or not they need to be enabled again!!

NOTE: 003
Very inportant: Your PCM 3.0 replacement Needs to be system version 2.1+ or better or you have to upgrade the PCM to 2.1 version or else sergs codes dont work!! (Previous soft. Versions have big problems with bluetooth as well)

Here is a english translation …. for me, it made no sense at all, I can see the frustration other were having reading this 15 page epic
there were no details just an over view
I’m about to do this conversion myself I have the PCM3 and the GATEWAY module I will document with Photos the how to and hopefully you will have something to follow soon

as for coding the unit with lost option from what I’ve seen out there it very simple to do so, if you have the software i don’t know why people are charging £400+ to activate a coded option … may be like everything Porsche add some £.$.€.0000000 at the end of everything Porsche related….

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================
================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ================================
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In brief, for your conversion, Parts you will need to do this:
MAKE adapter harness for the PCM and amplifier (ALL the wiring is different besides + and - at the amp and ALL wiring at the head unit is different) SO BE CAREFUL ....

1.) Skills in electrics or a good electrician and the skills to put it all together properly (NO JOINING WIRES WITH STICKY TAPE AND HOPING FOR THE BEST LOL)
Yes, it can be done,

2.) PORSCHE PCM 3.0 wiring schematics, this is for the black plug at the back of the PCM Complete wiring diagrams for a 2009 vehicle and your current vehicle.

3.) A PCM 3.0 itself with all options NAV Telephone DVD ect... (SEE NOTE: 002 Above)
New or secondhand 2009 or 2010 PCM3.0. (With info and source buttons pressed) you must get a screen that reads "current system" and not "active system" "Active System"
means that the PCM radio has been coded with the new PIWIS computer and has internal software comparable to the PCM 3.1. This radio will be unusable. At this time of JAN 2014...SEE NOTE ABOVE: 003

4.) If your car has an old PCM 2.1 BOSE SYSTEM - then you need a new PCM 3.0 TYPE BOSE AMP,
if YOU DON’T HAVE A BOSE SYSTEM, you will also need a new PCM 3.0 compatible AMP to install, Porsche AMPS are called ASK amps,
New or used 2009 or 2010 MOST amplifier. Unlike the older Porsche Bose or non Bose amplifiers, the PCM3.0 amps are differeent in many ways.
The most important difference is that the audio is encrypted in the PCM3.0 (can't go into much more detail, sorry) but your sound output will be very very low and there will be no volume control from the PCM 3 unit itself
YOU can use any MOST 3rd party aftermarket amplifier like from Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine ect… what ever you like. ( BUT I'M STICKING TO PORSCHE AMP KITS HERE )
but you will need a (NEW REPLACEMENT amplifier 100% WHATEVER HAPPENS) or you will burn out the loudspeaker outputs on the PCM 3.0 system.

5.)"Quadlock" connector for PCM 3.0 for different configuration pins also even for the optic cable input and output..
this is where you will need and electrician or your skills with the wiring schematics for PCM2.1 AND PCM3.0 its easy to do so don’t worry .

6.) You will need a optic cable bridge / loop… a ring terminators to bypass old device optic input / output, otherwise you will get errors on the dashboard -
optic cable bridge / loop are from about £5 to £25 see example item here
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product..._Interiorradio

7.) PORSCHE TEMIC CAN GATEWAY MODULE part number: 997 610 107.04 .... SEE NOTE ABOVE: 001

8.) On the PCM 2.1, the GPS aerial cable connects to the BACK of the NAV-DVD unit in the front hood via a short cable which its buried in a car's loom.
(""STOP"" DO NOT TRY TO REUSE YOUR OLD GPS CABLE YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR CAR LOOM, TRYING TO REMOVE THIS CABLE, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE WITHOUT CUTTING INTO IT)
and rejoining and you may find you may have problems with interference with your GPS signal from a cut cables )
* so you will need to replace this GPS aerial cable for your new PCM 3.0, the GPS aerial cable connects to the PCM itself via a longer cable.
Part number for this is 997 612 030 75. The good news is the aerial part number is the same for PCM2.1 and PCM3.0 but i don't think you want to go fishing inside you loom for this cheep cable "get a new cable"

* All old PCM 2.1 devices:
such as 6 CD-changer / DVD NAV BOX UNDER HOOD or phone module will not work anymore.,,,
stick them on Ebay and make your money back on the upgrade
if you have an old tv-tuner box - it also need to be replaced with a new PCM 3 COMPATIBLE DIVICE
after you have all parts together - don't get scared, just install them.

After the installation, THE GATEWAY will need to be coded for your car. SEE NOTE ABOVE: 001

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SEE NOTE: 001

*Reworking of gateway control module / Coding gateway control module

Note! If the gateway control module is replaced, the gateway control module must be coded using the PIWIS tester 9718. This is to adapt the Gateway control module to the vehicle and equipment. If possible, before the gateway control module is removed and replaced, a read−out of the vehicle data should be obtained from the Porsche System Tester. During coding, it is essential to guarantee the power supply for the Porsche System Tester. It is essential to connect a battery charger with a current rating of at least 40 A to the vehicle battery. The Porsche System Tester instructions take precedence and in the event of a discrepancy these are the instructions that must be followed. Deviations may occur with later software versions. The procedure described here has been structured in general terms; different text or additions may appear in the Porsche System Tester.
1. Connect the Porsche System Tester to the vehicle and start the System Tester. Switch on the ignition. >> Continue.
2. Select vehicle type using the cursor keys.
3. Using the ?| key, move from the vehicle type to the list of control modules.

4. Select Gateway with the cursor keys and press the >> key.
5. Select Control unit replacement with the cursor keys and press the >> key.
6. Select Read out values (codings) with the cursor keys and press the >> key.
7. The message Coding read−out complete will appear on the screen of the Porsche System Tester. Press the >> key.

8. Switch off ignition and replace Gateway control module. → Removing and installing gateway control module − removing
9. System Tester displays Coding write−in complete . Press the >>

10. key. Follow the instructions on the Tester .
11. Quit menu, switch off ignition, lock then unlock vehicle and read out fault memory once more.
If faults are present, proceed in accordance with the Diagnosis Manual. → Rep. Gr. 9035 Gateway control module

12. *In the Gateway menu, select Required & actual configuration >> .
13. *Check the list for both Required and Actual for the same + or − . If there are deviating specifications,
first check if the components are installed on this vehicle.
14. If necessary, change to the Coding menu, and select the non−matching components (e.g., Tyre pressure monitoring system) and code the components with F8 .
15. In the Gateway menu, select Required & actual configuration >> and check the list once again.
*16. Quit menu, switch off ignition, lock then unlock vehicle and read out fault memory once more.

Manually coding with the tester
Note!
If the "old" control module can no longer be read out, the coding must be performed "manually" with the PIWIS tester 9718. This is to adapt the Gateway control module to the vehicle and equipment. During coding, it is essential to guarantee the power supply for the Porsche System Tester. It is essential to connect a battery charger with a current rating of at least 40 A to the vehicle battery. The Porsche System Tester instructions take precedence and in the event of a discrepancy these are the instructions that must be followed. Deviations may occur with later software versions.
The procedure described here has been structured in general terms; different text or additions may appear in the Porsche System Tester.

1. Connect the Porsche System Tester to the vehicle and start the System Tester. Switch on the ignition. >> Continue.
2. *Select vehicle type using the cursor keys.
3. *Using the ?| key, move from the vehicle type to the list of control modules.
4. Select Gateway with the cursor keys and press the >> key.
5. Select the Coding menu >> .
6. Select the individual systems/components in turn and code the vehicle−dependent equipment with F8 .
7. In the Gateway menu,* select Required & actual configuration >> .
8. Check the list for both Required and Actual for the same + or − . If there are deviating specifications, first check if the components are installed on this vehicle.
9. If necessary, change to the Coding menu, and select the non−matching components (e.g., Tyre pressure monitoring system) and code the components with F8 .
10. In the Gateway menu, select Required & actual configuration >> and check the list once again.
11. Quit menu, switch off ignition, lock then unlock vehicle and read out fault memory once more.

dealers will not sell codes to you to activate new toys but don't cry - codes can be obtained without dealers for almost any car,
in most common cases PCM3 will work just right after installation.
BUT. options in that case can't be altered. and after a while some options will dissappear such as navi maps, bluetooth etc.

There ARE SOME photos on a Russian site with some details that dose not make any sense in English- here's link, it can make interesting reading smile
http://www.knclub.ru/f/thread23571.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-30-2019 at 11:52 AM. Reason: updates notes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997TT MK.1 PCM 3 conversion DONE :)