Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

epower not possible when 100% battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 11:41 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
epower not possible when 100% battery

did you see this issue epower not active while battery is 100% full? I have engine light on as well. I have to bring my 2016 pan hybrid to Porsche Fletcher Jones tomorrow?
it just happened today while cruising at 60. Not even start at epower when starting. I am running ICE mode now. I will update what I learn at Porsche dealer.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:21 AM
cbwinters01 is on a distinguished road
i think this has happened to me after i fill up with gas. edit: nah, this isn't the same. epower won't work for a while to rid the gas tank of condensation, but i don't see those messages. i do see those messages when the below happens:

also recall seeing this when my hybrid system coolant was low after a full charge, or after issues with charging... i've had to top off the hybrid coolant a few times now.

will be interested to hear what the dealership says.

Last edited by cbwinters01; 04-03-2019 at 08:30 AM. Reason: add info
Old 04-03-2019, 10:17 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
It is not a coolant issue in my case. Porsche dealer has cleared the fault. But they found the valve open that triggered the engine light. So they order the part and install tomorrow. I will update more details when I see the invoice. Glad, my car is still under warranty ...

Old 04-04-2019, 10:00 AM
Thanks Doug. Out of curiosity, was that engine fault light on when you started up the car directly after a charge? or, did it come on while driving? this will be good to know for my case going forward... mine are always directly after a charge, or directly after and issue while trying to charge...

Old 04-04-2019, 04:15 PM

they found the tank vent is at fault https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/o...ve-95811002010 . This issue is related to full tank of gas and not able to start epower when starting or switch to epower while driving. The engine light happened to be on. The fault always stored in the system i would recommend you to bing it in for checking.

My car is still under warranty, $0.

Here is the invoice.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:36 PM
That's helpful, thanks Doug!

Old 04-04-2019, 05:10 PM
This issue is very common with porsche ehybrid according to Service Manager. Please bring it in while the car is under warranty. another note, 1st time i brought the car in while epower not possible. Porsche Fletcher Jones only reset the system. This time engine light was on they were able to identify the issue. I will fill the tank later today to see if the issue is no longer there.

Old 04-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Yeah, that is great advice, thanks.
I have had the issue several times, in fact every time i fill up the car. + the car runs really junky while under gas engine power for a little while as well. for me, this happens not directly after filling up and driving, but after filling up, letting the car sit for a while or over-night, and then starting the car up and trying to take off in electric. it immediately pops over to ice as soon as i give the car a little gas peddle, continues this way until i have driven it for 10-15 minutes or so.
i actually read threads here or other boards that said this was common amongst others, so i just thought it was something one has to deal with with a pseh.

All this said though, i have never seen the engine light go on while this was happening so me, and i'm sure i would have noticed that.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Fill the tank last night, starting out epower and moving, ICE starting as I was moving, then the epower stayed on, ICE off. GOOD no problem.
Cbwinters01, I think you should have Porsche dealer to check the valve line to make sure it is working while the car is still under warranty.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:30 AM
S Codin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for this post! Solve my problems!

My car gives me same problem panamera e-hybrid 2016, no any chances to start electric (and at light stop same just engine no electric), i check all and not engine light in the dashboard, but in this morning i clean the tank cap, (i sen was a very little dirty) and that solve my situation, (-after 7 minutes). I will check if the tank have pression or vaccuu when i full fill, every time i hear a pssss when i open ... That means is different pression than the outside atmosphere. And the cap have a valve with spring to keep different pression inside!
THANKS FOR THIS TOPIC! Help me to discover my problem! WORKING NICE !