991 DIYs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:44 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
DIY 991 Carrera S Front Brake Pad Replacement

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...placement.html

Old 05-13-2014, 02:39 PM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Old 05-14-2014, 08:25 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
DIY - 991 Radiator Grill Mesh Installation

Just posted a new DIY over in the main thread...

DIY - 991 Radiator Grill Mesh Installation

Enjoy.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:33 AM
liamduong will become famous soon enoughliamduong will become famous soon enough
DIY Steering Wheel Removal 2012 991

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...val-991-a.html

Old 06-17-2014, 09:46 AM
DIY - 991 C4S Wheel Spacer Install

I just posted a two-part Wheel Spacer Installation DIY to the main forum.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1F82592D-EC83-471E-AA71-0B079673DEC3_zpswofxho1l.jpg
Views:	13605
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	388332  
Old 08-11-2014, 01:06 PM
991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about991carreradriver has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jim M.
I checked the reference above, but that's for the sport bumper cap. Since I have the regular front end I also made my own. I ordered the mesh from customcargrills and made a cardboard template to the rough shape of the opening. I bent the mesh around a 1" pipe and slid it into the opening. Once it was all the way in, there is plenty of room to slide it to one side and get my hand behind the mesh and straighten out the bend. Then slide it the opposite side and finish bending the mesh straight. Then with a couple of black tie wraps to the vertical supports (on the bottom sides) and one on the outboard end and I was done.

PS, excuse all the bugs, I just got back from a fantastic 3 day drive with 5 other Porsche owners to find my intakes full of bugs, leaves and stones. No time like the present to get this mod done.
Since I just had my right radiator fan motor fail due to gravel working its way into the motor, I am very interested in apply your solution. Can you provide me with the link to the grill material you ordered from Cargrills. It looks robust but pliable enough to work with. Also, when you traced the template how much larger than the opening did you make it.
Thanks for sharing the solution, too bad Porsche didn't design it properly to begin with.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:06 AM
991CARRERA4 will become famous soon enough
Front cabin air filter diy

simply DIY for 991
FRONT CABIN FILTER

SIZE ,PARTS NUMBERS AND PRICE IN EURO

POSITION

GENTLY PULL THE 8 CLIPS

GENTLY PULL THE FILTER AND POSITION THE NEW

BYE

Last edited by 991CARRERA4; 08-26-2014 at 12:14 PM. Reason: SIZE JPG
Old 08-30-2014, 09:16 AM
DIY - 991 PCM 3.1 Removal

I just posted a two-part PCM 3.1 unit removal DIY in the main 991 forum. I thought that this might be useful for anyone who may want to get to the wiring behind the PCM unit, for example to add a Rear View Camera, additional Video sources, and so on. I did it just for the fun of learning....
Have Fun!

Old 09-20-2014, 03:12 PM
97c2s993 is on a distinguished road
DIY Mesh for front grills

Did my own front grills with Mesh today. Following Jim M.'s lead I precut the mesh roughly to the shape of the opening. I then slid the mesh through the same opening Jim M. used but inserted it flat and upwards towards the top of the radiator inside getting my hand in underneath to help it. Once in I straightened out the mesh I put it into place and fit the ties in the appropriate spot. I only have pics of the mesh after installation hence the detailed description.

What I did differently:

1) the two slats in the grill opening are actually covers over thinner slats (think replacing the black ones for chrome ones like on the 50th anniv. model). I removed these and it provided significant additional room for my hand and the vacuum nozzle to clean out the area ahead of the installation;

2) I lined up the ties therefore towards the middle of each slat and on re-installation I forced the black cover pieces over the ties to conceal them (from the top at least). In the pictures you can see the view from straight on, and then from below the slats. The covers slid on. They had to be forced on a bit but clicked into place as needed.

Note: to mount the mesh flush with the back of the slats I needed to cut off two small plastic pieces (about a half inch length, round and width of a screw) that protruded backwards from the center column onto which the horizontal slats are affixed. These pieces don't seem to serve any purpose so I didn't hesitate to slice them off.

Difficulty on the first side (trial and error): 5/10. The second side once I determined all the above: 1/10 (i.e. easy!)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3941.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	402379   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3943.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	402380   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3942.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	402381   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3944.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	402382  
Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 AM
991 DIY - Rear View Camera Installation

I've just posted-up a 2-Part DIY in the main Forum....
Thanks for reading!

Old 09-27-2014, 10:38 AM
sxhsthth is on a distinguished road
I can't believe with the rear bumper off you still can not see the engine! They really did a good job of hiding it on the 991.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:01 PM
991 DIY: Engine Vent Grill and Upper Third Brake Light Removal

Consolidating links to two new DIYs that I posted to the main 991 thread:
No specific upgrade or repair project in these DIYs -- just deconstruction...

Old 10-27-2014, 04:26 PM
991 DIY: Third Brake Light Modification

Hi All- FYI, I've posted a new DIY in the main forum area.
Have fun!

Old 10-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
Anyone have any experience taking apart a side view mirror? I would live to switch the housings to carbon fiber but I don't want to crack the mirror. Thanks!

Old 10-30-2014, 10:28 AM
991 DIY: Side Mirror Removal

Just posted new DIY to the main thread in response to some questions about removing side mirrors from the 991 doors....
Thanks for the feedback!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 DIYs